Recently, Kodak Alaris took another step forward by completing the transition of its business in China from Eastman Kodak Company. It was an exciting day for our customers, consumers, partners, and employees because we added a significant country with great opportunities.
The following video was recorded at the media conference that Kodak Alaris held with dozens of Chinese news outlets and its employees.
China is a very important market for Kodak Alaris’ global strategy and our leaders have a lot of experience with the Chinese market. For example, I’ve been traveling to China since 1997 and have seen it grow much during that time.
How significant is China and why is it critical for Kodak Alaris’ long-term growth?
- China is home to more than 1.3 billion people (wow) and poised to be become the biggest economy in the world
- Its consumer spending is expected to reach $6.18 trillion USD annually by 2020
- DI has significant customers in China
- China is our second largest country by employee presence
- China is the main site for scanner manufacturing
Today, Kodak Alaris is a leading vendor of choice in China due to our reputation of product performance and durability.
I am proud to have China as a new entity for our company.