Many highly regulated organizations need to do more with less–that’s not surprising, but keep reading. One example of how they are stretching their resources is that they are streamlining the costs that are associated with paper-based processes. Their solutions must be smarter, faster, more efficient, and provide online, not “in line,” access to reduce or eliminate delays when fulfilling internal or external requests too.
So…what are the keys to success when faced with the sometimes daunting task of achieving compliance while implementing a document management solution that helps organizations meet a growing list of additional objectives? Here are our top five recommendations.
- Reduce and eliminate paper – realize lower file-space requirements, fewer misplaced documents, faster and simultaneous secure document access, enhanced disaster recovery capabilities, greater document security, and more
- Leverage cloud-based solutions – reduce infrastructure requirements and achieve a more rapid deployment
- Integrate with Microsoft SharePoint – streamline interactions and add powerful, new document imaging, editing, and collaboration tools
- Add greater transparency – make critical information available to constituents, the public and internal customers more quickly, securely, and cost effectively
- Decrease human interaction – automate processes and minimize human interaction, permitting the reallocation of personnel
What’s the next step? Evaluate potential document management solutions using these criteria and then make your decision.
Did I miss any items that would be on your checklist? If I did, feel free tell me what should be included and why. I look forward to your feedback!