We think that business managers have enough to worry about today – from delivering prompt customer service to streamlining transactions. So, tools that simplify and shorten the information capture process are certainly valuable in providing a great customer experience. Scanning and managing documents can be a potential bottleneck in the office, but there is a way to make it easier than ever and focus on serving customers better.
After carefully observing customers’ needs and staying true to our mission to get the right information to the right place at the right time to maximize value, we have developed targeted solutions for specific business applications. Our answer is two new scanning solutions that are joining our successful KODAK ScanMate family—the ScanMate i1150 Scanner and ScanMate i1180 Scanner.
Improve customer-facing business transactions
A service provider provides the best possible experience and is extra efficient with his KODAK ScanMate i1150 Scanner.
When face-to-face interactions to capture customers’ documents are a part of your business, the process must provide the best possible experience while being efficient. There is a way to succeed at both.
We recognize that a majority of transactions involve scanning 10 or fewer documents. So, the KODAK ScanMate i1150 Scanner is equipped with a Transaction Mode to enable 60% faster capture speed for the first 10 pages of every interaction.
A perfect example of how this solution shines can be seen at a customer service window or an agent’s desk. A customer’s application may consist of a small amount of paperwork and an identification (ID) or an account card. In this case, the employee can quickly scan the documents and cards without limiting their interaction with the customer or slowing down the transaction itself.
Evolve by adding intelligence
A working professional uses the KODAK ScanMate i1180 to process his documents.
Frequently, organizations are turning to Web-based architectures to speed the adoption of new business applications and minimize support costs.
Therefore, we designed the ScanMate i1180 Scanner to keep up with these changing technology environments. It extends the concept of an intelligent device – similar to how the cellular phone evolved to become so much more than a phone.
For example, image processing is done in the scanner – minimizing the need to purchase and support high-end PCs. Also, Kodak Alaris includes the EMC® CAPTIVA® Cloud Toolkit with the scanner so users can write their own customized web capture application.
The new ScanMate models (shown in the video: http://youtu.be/1a_4yTa20sI) share many unique features.
- Simple icon-based color interface that helps quickly identify where to send captured images
- Built-in card ledge on the front of the scanners helps keep track of cards and associated loose materials so nothing gets lost during processing
- Small footprint and “whisper” quiet operation mean users don’t have to interrupt customer conversations while scanning
- Support via a wide range of Kodak Alaris software – including one-button Smart Touch functionality and KODAK Capture Pro Software Limited Edition (users can upgrade to the full version of KODAK Capture Pro Software)
- To help maintain the performance of scanners for business transaction environments and other critical workflows, we have a portfolio of support plans to protect their investments and generate added value from enhancements in operational efficiencies
Delivering solutions that ensure that our customers and our customers’ customers are happy is important to us. We hope that these thoughtful products help to enhance your business.
If you have any feedback on our new offerings, please share it with me here.